margin-top:40px HearMeBitch!

« Home | Go Go-Karting » | Last Xmas, I Gave You... » | 30 BATHS » | HAPPY NEW YEAR... » | OH MY BLOG! » | Greetings From Bangkok » | You Green? » | Gold Coast, Australia » | Still Want To Know More of Asiaworks? » | Do not PISS here »

BKK in Dec


My trip to Bangkok a week before Christmas was a fantastic one. I went for a lot of massages (the clean ones) and had a blast trying out new places to eat. But one of the highlights of the trip was Siam Paragon. It's a huge mall with many things to see, buy and eat. Don't expect to bargain here or even find a really cheap souvenir. It's not patpong or chatuchak.

It's more of a mid-to-lower upper price mall with a departmental store that sells anything from Speedo to Lacoste, Ed Hardy to Etnies. The departmental store is imaginatively named Paragon Dept Store (the marketing people must be really creative). Outside the store, you'll find interesting upscale boutiques and a gourmet market. It also houses Asia's largest seating and cinema screen in Asia.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a snob! I did buy a lot of goodies from Chatuchak and all. Street shopping in Bangkok is fun, but just how many cheap t-shirts and sandals does one need? Of course I need to walk the malls, if not for the air cond... it's also for the paperbags, DUH! Besides, you can find some exquisite Thai souvenirs and quality products here...

Siam Paragon was interesting for me, I came back twice during the 4-day trip... It's huge and a must-visit for tourists. More so than Gaysorn Shopping Center or Emporium.

Did I mention that Siam Ocean World, the biggest aquarium in Southeast Asia is also within the same building?

Labels: , , , , , ,

Portrait

About Me

  • Fashionista. Computer Geek. Movie Critic. Music Lover. World Traveler. Foodie. Tennis Zealot. Mac Evangelist. Goss Junkie. Bitch.
My Profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from kennyt tagged with flashblog. Make your own badge here.