Desperate Housewives Suck
Loving the show since it's pilot episode, I fell out of it as fast as I fell in. The show oozed mystery and had plenty of fun in store as the story unfolded in the beginning.. Now, into the third season...
- Gabrielle is all about her grudge and money. She's a whore who is in a divorce settlement... She doesn't eat sleep or breathe. She's just fixated on Carlos. She might as well have her own spinoff show.
- Susan is an emotional wreck. Yo-yoing between the new British guy and Mike. Like she did with the doctor. Like she did with her husband. Yawn, how many times can you make her unfaithful? Her relationship with her daughter is no longer cute and close. It's more like "i hate you, psycho mum."
- Edie is sluttier than ever. She's sleeping with Mike and there's no telling where the evil will end.
- Lynette is evidently driving his husband further away. And her family is heading nowhere but down... as the show progresses.
- Bree is dating a murderer. Making scenes wherever she goes. Her children are turning into monsters in 3 seasons. Imagine what another season could do to them? Is there anything happy about theshow at all? Is there a reason to tune in? Romance? Comedy? Action? This reminds me of a word I've learnt from the great Broadway musical, "Avenue Q"... a word called Shaudenfreude. Joy in watching the misery of others.
The most important question now is "Is there more to Desperate Housewives than just... desperate, housewives?"
The whole neighbourhood is a disaster after another. There's no reason to watch the show anymore. Well, at least no happy ones. I think the show has lost it's basic charm and sinister humor that was clearly evident in the first ten to twelve episodes. It's now like watching The World's Most Amazing Videos (Dysfunctional Family Edition). How long do they expect to keep the audience interested? I've completely tuned out mid of season 2.
I've found TV bliss in these shows instead:
1. 30 Rock - starring Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, Jane Krakowski (hilarious, absolutely hilarious).
2. Grey's Anatomy - Ellen Pompeo (Fun. But looks heading to Desperate Housewives way. They need to offer more feel good factors to the show. Christina bores and irritates post-Brooke crisis).
3. The New Adventures of Old Christine
4. The Family Guy